Monday, March 12, 2007

Five minutes More ... Please!!!!!!

'Paanch minat aur sone do yaar...' doesnt this phrase sound familiar? I feel, this is the most prevalent phrase said in the mornings. People who say this may have said this either to the people who are trying to wake them up or to themselves in case there is an alarm is going wild behind their head. People who wake up early and try to wake others up proudly say 'its all there in mind. if you have will power, you will wake up now.' . Then there are people like me who dont heed to such dialogues which according to them is supposed induce an 'Eye opening effect' in me. I strongly feel, God must not have thought of sleep when he created will power. With will power,I can move mountains, jump off Mount everest and survive, learn swimming and swim across all seven oceans in theworld but wake up early?? I am sorry.All this does NOT mean i have not seen how 5:30 in the morning looks like.. Its beautiful.. Awesome.. but the problem is ..whenever i saw how 5:30 AM looked like, it was either due to loose motions or because i did not sleep the previous night... Most of the times, I hear people talking about early morning stuff and i am the one who had seen these only in either photos or paintings.. So once i decided to try that out and one morning, i collected all my will power and went jogging early in the morning(actually, i could not sleep that night to wake up early next morning). I felt nice all the time i jogged looking at beautiful females trying to stop obesity conquer them. Its a different matter altogether that i could not go to office that day because i came back and slept till 1 PM.Then there are people like one of my relatives who went jogging every morning to loose weight and went on to gain 5 kilos after a month.. It was later found that she went jogging till her favourite restaurant, had heavy breakfast and returned back.... Good tip for those who wanna gain some kilos. isnt it... Now coming back to sleeping... Did you ever try waking up earlier than you generally do?? i am sure you will struggle a lot .. you will feel as if you have been tied to an elephants tail and asked to pull it out of the forest into a zoo... Even the people who boast of waking up early will have trouble waking up earlier than usual. So what can a person do to push his usual waking up time backwards? A possible solution is to push waking up time back a little say by 15 minutes.. for 10 days or so then some 15 more minutes for some more days... This is just a hypothesis and i do not take responsibility of the working of things written here.. I hope my idea works.. I never tried ... Do i need to??? I dont think so... if you guys try it out, do tell me.. I will suggest this to others.

4 Comments:

Blogger Reema Dash said...

hmmm....
dis 5min wala sentence is quite very familiar to me n my bro!!!
both of us actually never used to get up early! sumthing surprised me is he getting up at 5am 4 his office! so i guess jab paisa ka naam aajata hain all humans cm out with all kind of will power dey have....
n ya ur soln will also help out sum lazy ppl like me to get up early now let me try frm 2day itself :)
nice post
keep it up!!!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Manohar said...

hey reema,
do let me know if it works :)
Bye the way, i still cant wake up early :)

1:20 AM  
Blogger Reema Dash said...

now to dat i wud say its all in mind he he he.....
coz i get up at 6am n even at 10am...
so when i really want to get up early i get up!!!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Manohar said...

i agree.. when we have work or something we reeeeally wanna do, we generally get up early. so agreed.. its all mind game :)

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home